In order to cover a period of maternity on a Fixed Term Contract basis, Kingston Recruitment are currently looking to source an experienced Accounts Assistant to support our clients financial processes.
Key responsibilities will include:
Maintaining purchase order registers
Matching purchase orders to invoices
Obtaining authorising signatures on invoices
Nominal and Departmental coding
Posting invoices to Sage purchase ledger
Reconciling monthly statements and dealing with any queries relating to the ledgers
Experience in cash handling and banking routines
Balancing cash on a daily basis and maintaining the cash book
Controlling and reconciling petty cash
Reconciling bank statements
Recording and balancing sales ledgers
Any other ad-hoc duties as required
Good basic accounting skills
Prior experience in Sage accounting
Experience in Sage payroll systems would be an advantage
Experience in Xero accounting system would be an advantage
Understanding the importance of confidential or sensitive information
Good IT skills (including use of Microsoft Excel and Word)
Time management and organisational skills in order to prioritise workloads
Capacity to work under pressure and to deadlines
Ability to work well within a team and under own initiative
Full-time Monday – Friday 9.00.a.m. – 5.00.p.m.
Please follow us on Twitter to get our latest job alerts! @KingstonRecLtd
• Kingston Recruitment Ltd is one of the longest established privately owned agencies in East Yorkshire, established in 1985.
• REC Qualified Team of Experts with a combined experience of over 120 years!
• Suppliers to the leading organisations in the area from internationals to SME’s, plus the public sector including Local Government and the medical profession.
• Specialises in Commercial, Manufacturing and Technical Recruitment with the flexibility to recruit across all other sectors
• Permanent jobs, temporary jobs, plus fixed term contracts always available.
• A long history of delivering an honest and transparent recruitment service across the Humber region.
• A place where people matter.
• This vacancy is being advertised by Kingston Recruitment on behalf of our client. The services advertised by Kingston Recruitment are those of an Employment Business or Employment Agency.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days of submitting your CV then unfortunately your application has not been successful.